Are you passionate about the changing threat landscape, love the challenge of understanding how the latest malware works, and can evangelize the risks and issues across a broad organization? Are you looking for a challenging position that will allow you to shape the future of security across the internet? Do you thrive on building a close-knit, highly-motivated team? Then join us! A successful candidate will work on a global team of senior security analysts focusing on the changing threat landscape and its effect on Cisco customers. This position requires a professional with a strong security software and threat analysis background that is capable of identifying and establishing the relationships and processes within and external to Cisco to build an investigative threat research structure and flow.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Promote Talos security thought leadership through media outreach and collaborative reporting.
- Source and analyze data from available product sources across Cisco as well as externally from partners or other qualified third-parties.
- Manage reporting and dissemination of security intelligence and research efforts
- Act as principal investigator for internal and external research projects with intent to publish in peer-reviewed conferences and journals
- Monitor, identify, and respond to timely security events
- Hunt malware, EK, and other bad things across various data sets
- Provide data driven insight for internal business intelligence and external communications with media, analysts and/or customers/stakeholders
- Establish cross-departmental channels to facilitate collaborative research sharing for external reporting and internal business strategy
- Liaison with key security initiatives and groups within the security industry to better establish Cisco as both a security thought leader and trusted partner
- Will require around 20% travel
- 5+ years direct and tightly integrated experience in security software or research industry
- In depth understanding and knowledge of security
- Proven ability to work with media/journalists/analysts/the security community
- Significant body of peer-reviewed papers and invited talks
- Strong data analytic skills
- Ability to solve complex problems independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to track and manage numerous parallel activities
- Ability to work on a remote team
- Malware Analysis Experience
- Scripting Experience in several languages