Talos is Cisco’s industry-leading threat intelligence team that protects your organization’s people, data and infrastructure from active adversaries. The Talos team collects information about existing and developing threats, and provides comprehensive protection against more attacks and malware than anyone else. All Cisco Security products utilize Talos threat intelligence, providing fast and effective security solutions. Our job is protecting your network.
We are seeking a seasoned program manager with an extensive background in cross functional program management to manage multiple products/product lines within the Talos Program Management Office.
The successful candidate will have a unique blend of technical knowledge and exceptional communication and problem-solving skills. He or she . must also be able to balance business needs against the ability to deliver and consistently define and deliver against program schedule, feature and cost goals.
Program Managers lead cross-functional teams consisting of product management, development, QA, support and operations personnel to define, build and launch software and appliance products into the marketplace.
• Lead software product core teams from definition through launch on multiple product lines.
• Work with key stakeholders to secure commitments for the necessary resources to complete the program and conduct the required reviews.
• Develop and manage cross-functional program schedules; identify risks, manage scope and resource changes, and monitor progress against plan.
• Identify, escalate and drive resolution of issues that affect program schedule and feature commitments.
• Communicate program status to management and executives on a regular basis in both formal and informal environments.
• Ensure effective communication within the cross-functional team –Operations, Engineering, Product Management, QA, and Service Delivery.
• Keep all collaboration spaces and website up to date throughout the process.
Manage multiple concurrent product releases within the program portfolio.
• Ability to successfully manage ad hoc projects as needed.
• Contribute to Talos Product Development Lifecycle through process development, documentation and socialization throughout the organization.
Required Experience and Skills:
• BA/BS (business, or engineering preferred), MS/MBA or equivalent desired
• At least 5+ years in program management, with a total of at least 10 years experience in leadership roles in product development, product management or a technology environment
• Strong relationship building and communication skills and the ability to work varying levels of management. Ability to influence peers, managers and directors while dealing with ambiguity.
• Exceptional team player with the ability to quickly develop and foster cross-functional relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to understand, resolve and communicate technical and business issues.
• Ability to function effectively in an energetic, fast paced environment while maintaining excellent organizational skills, focus and attention to detail.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Organized and detail-oriented, with a high level of integrity and reliability
• Able to quickly drive, communicate and gain support for decisions in unstructured environments
• Experience with Agile methodologies and DevOps model.
• Record of successfully leading and delivering product development programs from conception thru development, test, deployment, and support.
• Ability to negotiate priorities across organizations
• Experience with security applications and/or security applications a plus.