Senior Technical Security Analyst
January, 18 2020
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform software security analysis to discover new vulnerabilities.
- Create tools for the discovery and triage of vulnerabilities.
- Write detailed technical advisories on new vulnerabilities.
- Develop proof of concept exploits for testing IPS and IDS effectiveness.
- Perform patch analysis to find and trigger vulnerabilities.
- Reverse engineer binary applications, protocols and formats.
- Demonstrate leadership with the security community.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Mathematics preferred.
- Demonstrable experience with vulnerability research required.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Proficient in C/C++, python and x86 assembler.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux System API and ABI.
- Knowledge of common file format and network protocol structures.
- Experience binary auditing and reverse engineering.
- Experience with IDA Pro and plugin development.
- Experience with compiler plugins or program analysis algorithms.
- Experience with runtime binary instrumentation tools such as PIN, DynamoRIO, etc
- Exceptional analytical skills and problem solving skills.
- Good organization, decision making, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and to take on additional tasks as required.
- Ability to work with small teams to solve complex problems.
- A drive to succeed and a passion to solve difficult problems.
- Employee will work from Austin, TX or telecommute from home office.
- Works closely with software reverse engineers and research analysts to understand their needs and develop tools to assist with the creation of detection content.
- Moderate to high levels of stress may occur at times.
- Fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Extremely talented and experienced team members and mentors.