Are you passionate about stopping cyber crime? Are you up to the challenge of building tools to find malware-sized “needles” in terabyte-sized “haystacks”? Come join the cyber warriors in Cisco’s Talos teamas we develop security and threat research tools that are faster, more scalable, and better able to handle emerging security threats than any of our competitors.
Today’s IT organizations need security products that leverage leading threat intelligence to effectively safeguard their extended networks. Creating that intelligence is the focus of Cisco’s Talos Security Intelligence and Research Group.
Talos is comprised of leading threat researchers supported by sophisticated systems. Our researchers create threat intelligence for Cisco products to protect customers from both known and emerging threats.
As a member of the Talos Backend Development team, you will architect and build high-performing systems that provide exceptional visibility from the aggregation and analysis of telemetry data, encompassing:
- Billions of web requests and emails
- Millions of malware samples
- Open source data sets
- Millions of network intrusions
- The result is a security intelligence cloud producing “big intelligence” and reputation analysis that track threats across networks, endpoints, mobile devices, virtual systems, web, and email.
- For news about us, check out the Talos Blog.
- Preferably have 2+ years of software development and delivery, with experience in application programming, databases, large data sets, networking and performance optimization.
- You get a rush from taming and analyzing big data (millions of email and web transactions a day).
- You have experienced and are familiar with software development cycle, from concept to implementation, testing and performance optimization
- You have a proven track record of delivering high-performing, maintainable, enterprise-quality software on schedule.
- Passionate about security.
Technical Qualifications & Experience
- Python and Java programming skills a must;
- Strong in Linux/FreeBSD environments
- MySQL is a must; Elastic Search, Lucene, and other search technologies are a big plus
- ActiveMQ/RabbitMQ/Big Data/Hadoop/MapR a big plus
- Email and Web security experience a big plus
- Experience with Agile/Scrum/Kanban development
- At least a BS in a technical field (CS/CE ideal). MS. Degree is a plus
Role & Responsibilities
- Working in a DevOps Software engineering team with Dev, QA, Ops engineers, you will be a hands-on development engineer who design, develop, and administer cutting-edge security products.
- You will own the design and architecture of the next generation email security backend system.
- Design storage, retrieval and analysis of big data.
- Define the web and email security technology roadmap and influence its adoption among cross-functional teams within Cisco.
- Ensure that each of our internal products complies with strict security standards (threat modeling, vulnerability analysis, etc.).
- Collaborate with global technology teams to integrate a diverse collection of security tools into a comprehensive security solution.