Talos is Cisco’s industry-leading threat intelligence team that protects your organization’s people, data and infrastructure from active adversaries. The Talos team collects information about existing and developing threats. Talos provides comprehensive protection against more attacks and malware than anyone else. All Cisco Security products utilize Talos threat intelligence, providing fast and effective security solutions. Our job is protecting your network.
We’re seeking a seasoned Program Manager with extensive background in cross functional program management to manage multiple programs within the Talos Program Management Office.
The successful candidate will have a unique blend of exceptional communication and problem-solving skills. He or she must be able to balance business needs against the ability to deliver. Must be able to consistently define and deliver against program schedule, feature and cost goals.
- Program Managers lead cross-functional teams consisting of product management, development, QA, support and operations personnel to define, build and launch software applications.
- Lead software program core teams from definition through launch on multiple product lines.
- Develop and manage cross-functional program schedules; identify risks, manage scope, resource changes, and monitor progress against plan.
- Identify, escalate and drive resolution of issues that affect program schedule and feature commitments.
- Effectively manage stakeholder relationship through all phases of the engagement.
- Work with key stakeholders to secure commitments for the necessary resources to complete the program and conduct the required reviews.
- Ability to gain a clear understanding of business requirements.
- Solid experience in program execution and software development life cycle.
- Able to innovate on ways to improve the program experience.
- Global cross-functional collaboration and coordination with teams around the world.
- Manage multiple concurrent product releases within the program portfolio.
- Ability to successfully manage ad hoc projects as needed.
- Identify, escalate and drive resolution of issues.
- Contribute to the Talos Software Development Lifecycle through process development and documentation.
- Foster and apply best practices with teams throughout the organization.
- Ensure effective communication within the cross-functional teams – Operations, Engineering, Product Management, QA, and Service Delivery.
- Keep all collaboration spaces and websites up to date throughout the process.
- Communicate program status to management and executives on a regular basis in both formal and informal environments.
Required Experience and Skills:
- BA/BS (business, or engineering preferred), MS/MBA or equivalent desired.
- At least 8+ years in program management, with a total of at least 10 years experience in leadership roles in product development, product management or a technology environment.
- Strong relationship building and communication skills and the ability to work with varying levels of management.
- Exceptional team player with the ability to quickly develop and foster cross-functional relationships.
- Demonstrates ability to understand, resolve and communicate technical and business issues.
- Ability to influence peers, managers and directors while dealing with ambiguity.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented, with a high level of integrity and reliability
- Able to quickly drive, communicate and gain support for decisions in fast paced environments.
- Record of successfully leading and delivering cross functional programs from conception thru deployment.
- Ability to negotiate priorities across organizations.
- Experience with security applications and/or security applications strongly desired.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco’s vaccination policy.