Why you’ll love Cisco
We change the World, you will become passionate about your employer and the brand you represent. Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more meaningful than ever before in our lives. Our employees’ groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to dynamic solutions that have real-world impact. You’ll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You’ll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you’ll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be encouraged and inspired.
Are you passionate about solving dynamic cybersecurity problems? Are you passionate about building systems to handle tons of data that is constantly growing? Come join Cisco’s Talos Research & Intelligence organization.
Who we are…
The Talos Backend Software DevOps organization plays a pivotal role in providing critical security intelligence, data, and tools to both the research teams and Cisco security web and firewall products to protect our enterprise customers from cyberattacks.
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for an exceptional security-focused senior software engineer to help develop our products. A highly motivated, focused, creative and ambitious engineer to deliver high-availability, high-performance web and data services. This is an excellent opportunity to join a cohesive, diverse, fun and versatile team working on new and exciting challenges in the next generation security backend space.
What you’ll do
- We want you to help engineer and implement Cisco cloud infrastructure security micro-services.
- You’ll work with peers to tackle complex security problems by writing highly scalable and reusable code.
- You’ll actively participate in an Agile / Scrum team to deliver high-quality feature releases with every sprint release.
- You’ll engage with QA, Automation and DevOps team members to ensure successful completion, deployment, maintenance, and operations of solutions.
- You’ll provide mentoring and guidance where needed to ensure scrum goals are met.
- 7 years of strong software engineering experience, preferably in data services and internet security domains.
- Exceptional programmer in one or more programming languages as Scala, Java, Python, or Go.
- Comfortable with designing and developing innovative solutions to complex software engineering problems.
- Experience with building cloud-based large scale data processing systems
- Experience with Virtualization and Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, edge computing)
- Experience with technologies such as Spark as Docker, Elasticsearch, Kafka, RMQ, Redis or another in-memory cache, Parquet, Protobuf.
- Experience with a variety of Database Management Systems either relational, columnar or graph store technologies.
- Knowledgeable in areas of network and content security.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Passion for writing detailed documentation, giving a tech talk to other specialists, presenting a high-level product plan to executives, and report project status to managers.
- Champion for the Software Development Process, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes.
- Strong in understanding the big picture, turning the ideas into demos, demos into shippable products, and data into efficacy.
- Taking ownership of your products from top to bottom: architecture, design, development, performance optimization, documentation, test, deployment, and operations.
- Having a proven track record of delivering enterprise-quality software on schedule.
- Ability to unite teams with a varied focus across the globe to tackle problems efficiently.
- Keen interest in being mentor, motivator, providing vision, being an active communicator and frequent partner to senior technical leadership.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.